ARTISTS IN SPACE
CompARTment is a social enterprise who’s aims are to transform empty spaces for creative and community regenerative use in Brighton and Hove.
The ‘artist in space’ campaign is currently pulling together artists and groups to build a hub in Brighton for Empty Space Projects and opportunities.
ARTISTS IN SPACE aims to :
- create a networking website for Brighton Empty Space projects to link up with each other and with empty spaces
- create a live arts and community hub as a physical base for advice/ networking and information on Empty Space Projects in Brighton
- link and promote artists and community groups interested in meanwhile projects
- catalogue and publicise projects
- catalogue and publicise empty spaces that are available
- inform groups and landlords alike on legal frame works and strategies for establishing different empty space projects.
- collect and exhibit past and present empty space projects as they develop in Brighton and elsewhere
- provide links to information and advice.
- develop knowledge, links and partnerships over different sectors of Brighton ie the council, businesses, landlords and local communities.
- create affordable spaces for a variety of people that will benefit the community.
To get involved in working with us on this campaign – please complete the brief Registration Form below AND please join our ARTISTS IN SPACE FB working group. (NB you will need to be registered below before joining the FB group).
CompARTment have inhabited two sites so far. Firstly a shop through the Empty Shops Network in Shoreham used for a studio, exhibition space, office and market space. Secondly, compARTment have used 2 units at the London road Open Market in Brighton as a multi-arts and community space, and have extended our use of the Market for 2 White Night Events over the past year and a half.